With digital solutions available for almost all conceivable business activities today, there’s no wonder that global business organizations seek mobility solutions for keeping tabs on their assets and resources. Mobile applications are the modern digital way of fulfilling specific business needs. The innovative Location tracking mobile app helps enterprises to track in real-time, their personnel, vehicles, and fleet.
Location Tracking App Development helps delivery-based businesses to comprehensively monitor, control, and manage their employees as well as other assets deployed in the field. Capable of working with web and mobile applications, this technology-based telemetry system empowers entrepreneurs and managers to manage their business resources in the most optimal way.
Real-time information provided by the location tracking mobile app enables enterprises to enhance their services and sales, while bringing down on the costs effectively. When developed with unique features catering to the specific business needs, this application proves to be the cost-effective system, that provides global business organizations the ability of keeping continuous watch and vigil over their valuable resources.
According to the Statista.com, 61.2% of the global mobile phone population accessed the internet from their mobile phone in 2018. In 2020, the number of smartphone users worldwide is projected to reach 2.87 billion.
What are the Key Purposes of Building a Location Tracking Mobile App?
The basic purpose of developing a mobile app for location tracking is to collect information about the current location / position of the user. This functionality and the resulting information’s can be put to use in a multitude of ways by different businesses from varied industries. The following are a few of such ideas and purposes:
- Fleet management optimization: By providing vehicle drivers with routing and mapping functionality, you can get reports generated instantly by the app. Getting alerts in the eventuality of unexpected changes or emergencies is also possible. Location tracking mobile app eliminates the need for buying and installing GPS devices, as the app can be installed in the drivers’ Smartphones.
- Monitoring remote staff performance and productivity: By pairing location tracking with time tracking, businesses can identify the productivity of their remote staff. Incorporating this on existing systems enables generating automatic reports about the total number of hours worked. This leads to powerful employee management. Geofence function helps record employees’ entry and exit timing.
- Doorstep delivery-based businesses: Online food ordering and delivery businesses may use the tracking app for keeping tabs on their delivery personnel’s. This ensures timely delivery and thus improves customer relationship and sales.
- Outdoor activists and sports fans: Apps enable people, inclined toward outdoor and adventure activities, to plan their routes and get information about distance and time. Tracking app ensures that they do not get lost.
What are the Common Features Available in Location Tracking Apps?
Although the features and functionalities in a location tracking apps depend on the specific needs of your business, there are certain inherent features that are commonly available. A few have been listed below:
- Employee attendance: Maintaining the attendance data of field force is possible
- Admin panel: This easy and quick interface enables adding, modifying, or removing agents
- Report generation: Reports about location, delivery, and other details help expedite all the business activity
- Alerts & notifications: Enterprises may circulate information about new products, discounts, etc to customers
- Offline tracking: This helps to track and maintain your staff’s location, distance travelled, route, and call logs
Development Cost of Location Tracking Apps
Factors such as the specific features and the project completion timeframe would normally impact the app development cost. Developing a location tracking app similar to Uber will require approximately 750 hours on Android and 700 hours on iOS. Website creation will take about 450 hours. By multiplying the number of hours with the tariff hourly rate of mobile application development company, you may arrive at the cost of creating an app.
Moreover, you need to consider the timeline to create detailed project needs as well as mockups design.
What are the Major Benefits offered by Location Tracking Apps?
- Staying connected: Business owners and managers may stay ever connected to their personnel, vehicles, and customers all the time.
- Transparency is achieved: Real-time status of delivery / location being highly discernible, there is complete transparency of information.
- Improved communication: Better communication facilitated by the app leads to increased trust among all of the stakeholders in the business.
- Effective monitoring: Enterprises are in control of their personnel’s whereabouts; there’s no real need to be concerned about their activities.
- Adherence to process: Whenever there is any deviation from the pre-determined route, it would be promptly conveyed through a message.
What are the Major Categories of Location Tracking Apps?
- Route tracking app: This type of app is useful for navigating through unknown locations. GPS navigation facility will guide you all through.
Features: Prompts for turns and directions, tracking exact distances to intended location, and convenient navigations.
- Map tracker app: Following Google Maps facility, other companies have started developing these apps with the tracking capability to easily map locations.
Features: Location monitoring, turn-by-turn navigation, public traffic info, and GPS localization.
- Car Tracker app: Private vehicles are precious to owners. These apps help them track their vehicle during the drive as well as other times.
Features: Real-time GPS tracking, MIS reports, and options for last location saving.
- Indoor/outdoor positioning app: This app lets you know of the path and environment of the intended outdoor destination in detail. Moreover, it provides in-house locations.
Features: Searching objects indoor, journey and residing location interpretation, and zone detection.
- Bus monitoring app: Ensures safe transportation by providing easy and real-time tracking facility.
Features: Traffic and emergency alerts, route change information, and information about pickup and drop.
The modern location tracking app can be customized to suit the unique needs of varied industries such as the ones listed below:
- Food industry
- Automobile industry
- Banking & Insurance
Location tracking application development helps enterprises to have full control over their moving assets. By being able to monitor the location of staff and vehicles, business owners are well enabled to streamline their business processes. With the help of this innovative app, new businesses and products are about to emerge in the near future.
ManageTeamz is a modern technology company that assists business organizations in tracking their fleet, delivery agents, and employees, thus increasing their overall productivity and efficiency.