Mobile Apps have been found to revolutionize the way of work and personal lives of the people. Mobile apps have been developed for almost all the regular activities in the modern world, making mobile devices indispensable.
Selecting and developing the right architecture for the mobile application is one crucial decision that needs to be made before building any app.
Different Mobile App Architectures
With several technology options being available, it is possible to develop mobile apps in different ways. The three fundamental mobile architectures are native, cross-platform, and mobile web apps. With each one having its own benefits and drawbacks, carefully analyzing the app requirement plays a vital role in choosing one.
- Native Approach: Designed for running on specific device or operating system, building an app using this approach requires you to satisfy needs related to device access, user accessibility and experience, and disconnected functionality – Android Studio in Java works fine for developing native android apps while Swift that runs on iOS devices exclusively may be considered for native iOS apps
- Hybrid Approach: Apps built using this cross-platform approach can run on multiple mobile platforms – ideal for big enterprises, this follows development using web-based technology
- Mobile Web Apps: Designed to run over the Internet from a central server, mobile web apps are platform-independent and can reach a very large target audience in a short time with little effort – only, an Internet connection is a must
How Do You Choose the Right App Development Platform?
A clear understanding of the target audience, technical weaknesses, and strengths of the development platforms, and long-term advantages of each of the platforms are required for choosing from among the different platforms. Android application development and iPhone app development companies are found to be the choice of a majority of the players in the modern market.
The following factors must be focused on while selecting the best mobile app development platform that suits your purpose:
- Target Audience: The first thing you need to consider is your target audience – geographic criteria is crucial: Android application development is preferred by certain countries while iPhone app development companies are favorites in others
- Features: Consider the necessary features and user experience, compare them with each platform’s abilities – for custom development, iOS, and Android solutions are better while for the ‘run-once-run-anywhere’ approach, cross-platform app development is required
- User behavior: Depending on the OS and the country, user behavior differs – understanding where people are inclined to buy their apps and where they want freebies is important
- Device Support: Android supports numerous devices when compared to iOS
- Development Cost: Cost of app development is a vital factor that needs to be considered in the selection of a development platform
- User Preference: It is essential to satisfy the needs of users finally – Apple, with its upscale quality and innovations may prove expensive to Android App users who are reluctant to spend money
By having a clear understanding of the key features of the app and considering factors such as target audience, budget, and timeframe, you will be able to choose the right development platform for your mobile app!