TABLE OF CONTENT
The majority of businesses relied on on-premises IT systems & infrastructure just a few years ago. Presently, that dynamic is changing as an increasing number of businesses move their activities to the Cloud. The most secure, adaptable, and dependable cloud services are offered by Amazon, Microsoft, and Google, which dominate the public cloud market share.
Customers have access to a variety of storage, computation, and networking choices through the respective major 3 cloud platforms AWS, Google Cloud & Microsoft Azure. Instant provisioning, self-service, autoscaling, identity management, security, and compliance are just a few of the characteristics shared by the three popular cloud platforms.
Comparison of AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Services
To assist you in choosing the best out of the biggest cloud platforms, we’ll break down a complete comparison of their respective cloud services below.
Overview of AWS Services
It makes sense that a pioneer in internet commerce would create a reliable cloud computing platform – amazon AWS for used by global businesses. The foundation of the entire platform is amazon web services’ extensive worldwide network and distribution. Regions, availability zones (AZs), and what are referred to as edge locations make up environment of the service.
The AZs are data centers located within the regions, which are made up of geographical areas like states or countries. In order to prevent service interruptions in the event that one availability zone goes down due to a natural disaster, the availability zones are spaced as far apart as possible from one another within their respective regions. Caches known as edge zones function similarly to content delivery networks (CDNs) by storing online content closer to the user’s location for quicker delivery and response times.
With this kind of infrastructure, data transmission may be implemented more quickly and globally without compromising service availability or performance. All operating systems are supported by AWS, which also tops the list of IaaS platforms for application diversity, dependability, and availability. Is AWS the best cloud provider? It depends – but they provide one of the largest list of tools and services for users. There are about 18,000 different services and growing.
They consist of:
- Tools for developers, engagement, and management
- Predictive analytics and machine learning
- Solutions for storage and databases
- Productivity tools for businesses
- App integration
- Compute power
- App integration
Overview of Azure Services
Microsoft Azure is recognized as a reliable, integrated cloud platform for businesses that already rely on windows-based standardization and has overcome several challenges to go head-to-head with AWS cloud services. Its Linux-friendliness in terms of virtual guest operating systems and compatibility with Linux container platforms is one unique feature.
The core competency of Azure has always been providing infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS). In addition, Azure benefits that stand out over aws include pre-configured server programs that can run immediately and support a number of languages, including .NET, Java, PHP, Node.js, and Python. The platform has features that are intended to boost efficiency while utilizing the most recent technologies, and it is accessible in 54 regions across the globe. In terms of setup and use, it’s also one of the more simpler enterprise cloud platforms.
- Large data sets and predictive modeling
- Development of video games and mobile applications
- Scalable data storage
- Integration of IoT
- Blockchain technology
Overview of Google Cloud Services
Google Cloud Platform is a relative newcomer among IaaS suppliers. Together with Google virtual server it’s pricing varies and supports windows server versions up to 2016, while supporting numerous Linux generations. It now consists of 21 areas that are each separated into a minimum of three zones as of 2018. As a result, it has a smaller coverage area than the other two carriers, although google cloud market share is booming owing to compensation efforts in other arenas.
Services offered are:
- Data storage and management
- SMB business analytics and app development
- Workload and productivity management tools
Choosing the best cloud web services for your upcoming project
By comparing the top 3 cloud service providers using several criteria, including computation, storage, databases, locations, and documentation, it is possible to identify their differences.
- Computing: Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), a service provided by AWS, manages all computing services by managing virtual machines with preconfigured settings and the ability for users to customize them as needed. GCP offers the Google Compute Engine (GCE), which serves similar purposes, and Azure offers virtual machines and virtual machine scale sets.
- Storage: The greatest option for storage is Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service), which has thorough documentation, tried-and-tested technology, and the right kind of community support. In the conversation of amazon S3 vs microsoft azure vs Google Cloud Storage, AWS could be a clear winner.
- Support for many clouds: When it comes to multi-cloud infrastructure, the winner of the battle, Google Cloud Platform vs AWS vs Azure, is still up for grabs. With Elastic Container Service (ECS) and Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), AWS users are able to manage their containers and K8s applications on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. AWS was one of the first cloud providers to enter the multi-cloud game. Despite coming late to the game, Google has also entered this space with Anthos, which enables the use of Kubernetes clusters and other similar loads. AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud all offer pretty equal options in terms of multi-cloud.
- Databases: All of the major service providers offer a variety of tools and service options related to databases. Major databases like Oracle and PostgreSQL are supported by Amazon’s Relational Database Service (RDS), which also handles patching and updating. While Cloud SQL is available for GCP, Azure SQL Database offers SQL database handling features.
- Location: AWS vs google cloud vs microsoft azure provide excellent global coverage and guarantees the best application performance by taking the shortest route to the target consumer base. Whereas Google is present in 33 countries, Azure is present in 60+ regions, and Amazon has 77 availability zones, with fresh regions being added on a regular basis.
- Documentation process: All three platforms provide excellent documentation, but Google cloud is slightly better when compared to azure and aws services.
AWS vs Azure vs GCP Market Share and Growth Rate
Since the inception of Cloud computing, the AWS, GCP & Azure market share has been dominating the global cloud market. AWS’s market share is enjoying dominance by securing around 32 % of the global market share. While Microsoft Azure secures a 19% of the global market share, GCP’s market share is in third place with a global market share of 10%.
With early forays into the IaaS and PaaS cloud market, AWS is the top cloud service provider by market share compared to its closest competitors.
W2S Solutions offers a range of services including cloud migration, optimization, and integration if you are looking for an application migration expert.
Several businesses that have completed their transition to the cloud are now thinking about adopting a multi-platform strategy. They are concentrating on making it possible for them to select the best capabilities and advantages of each cloud service provider.
Which platform, Microsoft Azure vs AWS vs Google Cloud, is best? It depends on a number of variables, including your business, the industry you operate in, and your long-term objectives. Your learning efforts will be more focused if you choose a certain cloud platform from cloud amazon vs google vs microsoft to begin your cloud adventure. After examining the most important advantages and disadvantages of these top three cloud providers, it is clear that each of them is distinctive in its own right and offers clients a range of choices. Overall, it is best to choose the best AWS professional services provider based on your needs, to finalize selecting the best cloud provider for your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Along with having the biggest networks, Google Cloud is less expensive than AWS and Azure. Just the actual computer time used is charged for in minute-level increments. GCP is 25–50% less expensive than AWS, depending on the instance.
Virtual server and machine instances are offered by AWS. The virtual hard disks are provided by Azure, and the virtual machine instances are provided by Google Cloud. The following models are available for AWS instance purchases: on-demand, reserved, and spot.
The most complete and frequently used cloud platform in the world, Amazon offers 200+ included services from data centers around the world. Today’s innumerable enterprises operating in more than 190 countries have access to a highly dependable, scalable, agile, and affordable infrastructure platform on the cloud through AWS.
There is fierce competition between each of the three cloud giants. Their parent company’s growth and profitability objectives have been helped by their recent growth.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get updates on how to navigate through disruption and make digital work for your business!