Developed with the idea of creating an enhanced and effective website that offers qualities of an app, progressive web app is one modern interesting technology that considerably enhances users’ online mobile experience. The basic aim of this carefully formulated system is combining the virtues of app and web development, providing a cohesive and unique user experience. This renders the site mobile-friendly when users are online as well as offline.
Significance of Progressive Web Apps
It has been proven from studies that nearly 40% of searches are being performed on mobile devices in the modern world. And mobile usage is certainly increasing, shifting the focus of business owners and web application development companies toward rendering their websites mobile-friendly and ensuring improved user experience. The answer to these demands is the progressive web app which offers the benefits of both the mobile and web features.
Progressive web apps have the capability to support major browsers and to offer functionalities of a native mobile app and app-like experience to users on mobile browsers. They retain the web’s robustness while blurring the line between apps and web content.
The Exclusive Advantages of Progressive Web Apps for SEO
- Performance and engagement can be increased: Working much faster when compared to traditional websites, progressive web apps, because of the underlying technology, enable web pages to request only raw data – without layout or styling information. Speed results in better performance and increased conversion rates. Allowing implementation of push notifications leads to improved user engagement and better conversion. The icon, when installed on the device, facilitates staying in touch with users whenever they use their devices.
- Possibility to speed up indexability: The process of an application being indexed is made faster – integrating progressive web apps with marketing strategies will enable businesses to index pretty quickly in Google since they are optimized for mobile – this improves user experience too.
- Convenient User Operation: The steps required for the user to engage with the app being reduced, users find this easy and attractive. These apps do not require long download times. Application updates do not require any efforts from users.
- Offline mode: Allowing users to browse in areas with low or no Internet connectivity proves to be a very useful feature.
Guidelines for Obtaining SEO Benefits Through Progressive Web Apps
- Ensure to set up sitemap correctly – see that pages are crawled
- Traditional SEO structure similar to websites need to be used
- It must be kept in mind that Googlebot doesn’t index any URLs with “#”
- Duplicate content violation must be avoided by using rel=canonical tags for multiple URLs
- Check whether Google crawls your page through testing
More and more number of SEO companies are seen to incorporate progressive web apps into their SEO strategies. It is not without reasons. Progressive web apps are an effective way to achieve increased web traffic and meaningful leads.